Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation Donates $25,000 to Milwaukee-Area Charities
by Gordon Flesch Company, on 11/17/2017
MILWAUKEE, WI, November 17, 2017 – This year, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation celebrates its 15-year anniversary by awarding $135,000 and 28 grants to charities throughout the Midwest.
Donations totaling $25,000 from the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation are helping five Milwaukee organizations continue providing support and non-profit work for their communities. Organizations receiving grants in 2017 include:
- Audio & Braille Literacy Enhancement - ABLE transcribes various print materials for into alternative formats for people with print disabilities. They transcribe a broad range of materials - from textbooks to restaurant menus and medical information - so they can continue providing equal access to print materials.
- Interfaith Older Adult Programs - Ensuring independence and physical and social engagement, Interfaith helps Milwaukee-area seniors lead safe and active lives. They offer transportation, home healthcare and other services with their many volunteers.
- Life’s Connection - Life’s Connection provides pregnancy and family support services, from pregnancy testing to family planning and counseling. Their programs and services are designed to unite and empower anyone facing challenges relating to childbearing, relationships, life losses and crisis care.
- Silver Spring Neighborhood Center - Silver Spring Neighborhood Center offers programs and services to community members of all ages, including childhood development, community learning, sports, family, adult education and employment services. They also offer nursing and medical services to families in need.
- So. Milwaukee Human Concerns - SMHC provides food, personal care and household items, clothes, school supplies, holiday gifts and information and referral services to Milwaukee residents.
Since its inception in 2002, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation has donated nearly $1.7 million to various philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Each year, the foundation donates to the communities within GFC’s territories, staying true to founder Gordon Flesch’s mission to support the communities where GFC’s employees and customers live and work.
Unlike most corporate giving programs, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is managed entirely by company associates. Each year associates nominate organizations close to their hearts and close to their communities. The foundation’s board of directors reviews nominations and selects award recipients.
“After 15 years since the GF Charitable Foundation’s establishment, we are excited to continue supporting the great organizations and non-profits that make our communities so wonderful,” said Barb Anderson, President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “These charities are chosen by our own employees, so they are very near and dear to us, and we look forward to see how each organization will use their grant to continue their great work.”
“We are very grateful to each grant recipient and the wonderful services they offer our communities - from family support services to community centers,” said Jill James, Vice President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “We are consistently humbled and impressed by the tremendous work we see each organization continue to do each year.”
About the Gordon Flesch Company
The Gordon Flesch Company is one of the largest independent providers of office technology solutions in the nation. Family-owned since 1956, the Gordon Flesch Company employs more than 600 people throughout 23 offices in the Midwest, with their corporate office in Madison, Wisconsin. They deliver unique business process expertise to solve challenging problems and achieve organizational goals. This includes integrating industry-leading software and hardware to build custom solutions that are supported by technical expertise, customer service and flexible, in-house financial services.