Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation Donates $25,000 to Columbus-Area Charities
by Gordon Flesch Company, on 11/14/2017
COLUMBUS, OH, November 14, 2017 – This year, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation celebrates its 15-year anniversary by awarding $135,000 and 28 grants to charities throughout the Midwest.
Donations totaling $25,000 from the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation are helping five Columbus organizations continue providing support and non-profit work for their communities. Organizations receiving grants in 2017 include:
- National Church Residence Foundation- The National Church Residence Foundation’s mission is to provide high quality care, services and residential communities for all seniors.
- CHOICES for Victims of Domestic Violence- CHOICES serves the community by interrupting the cycle of domestic violence and advocating for social change.
- Nellies Champions for Kids- Nellies Champions for Kids helps families dealing with pediatric brain tumors and other cancers.
- The Village Network- Centered around their trauma-informed care approach, The Village Network combines the best proven practices with evidence based programs to help at-risk youth and adults heal and find a healthier, brighter future.
- The Homeless Families Foundation-The Homeless Families Foundation educates and nurtures children while empowering families to achieve stable housing and self-sufficiency.
Since its inception in 2002, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation has donated nearly $1.7 million to various philanthropic organizations throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Each year, the foundation donates to the communities within GFC’s territories, staying true to founder Gordon Flesch’s mission to support the communities he served in every way possible.This year, the foundation has donated $135,000 total to different non-profits where GFC’s employees and customers live and work.
Unlike most corporate giving programs, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is managed entirely by company associates. Each year associates nominate organizations close to their hearts and close to their communities. The foundation’s board of directors reviews nominations and selects award recipients.
“After 15 years since the GF Charitable Foundation’s establishment, we are excited to continue supporting the great organizations and non-profits that make our communities so wonderful,” said Barb Anderson, President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “These charities are chosen by our own employees, so they are very near and dear to us, and we look forward to see how each organization will use their grant to continue their great work.”
“We are very grateful to each grant recipient and the wonderful services they offer our communities - from family support services to community centers,” said Jill James, Vice President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “We are consistently humbled and impressed by the tremendous work we see each organization continue to do each year.”
About the Gordon Flesch Company
The Gordon Flesch Company is one of the largest independent providers of office technology solutions in the nation. Family-owned since 1956, the Gordon Flesch Company employs more than 600 people throughout 23 offices in the Midwest, with their corporate office in Madison, Wisconsin. They deliver unique business process expertise to solve challenging problems and achieve organizational goals. This includes integrating industry-leading software and hardware to build custom solutions that are supported by technical expertise, customer service and flexible, in-house financial services.