Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation Donates $25,000 to Chicago-Area Charities
by Gordon Flesch Company, on 11/17/2022
CHICAGO, IL, – The Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is proud to announce that it has awarded over $155,000 to 38 Midwestern charities. These donations included $25,000 to six Chicago-area organizations providing key community services.
Since its inception in 2002, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation has donated more than $2.2 million to various philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio and South Dakota. Each year, the foundation donates to the communities within GFC’s territories, staying true to founder Gordon Flesch’s mission to support the communities where GFC’s employees and customers live and work.
The foundation also engages in targeted giving for emergency disaster relief. This included donations to help the Southeastern U.S. recover from the devastation of Hurricane Ian.
Organizations in Chicagoland receiving grants in 2022:
- Ecker Center for Behavioral Health (eckercenter.org) optimizes the well-being of individuals and communities through the delivery of accessible, comprehensive and quality behavioral health care which includes prevention, education and intervention.
- Food for Greater Elgin (foodforgreaterelgin.org) provides food security and access to community resources to stabilize lives.
- Fox Valley Hands of Hope (fvhh.net) provides expert support for children, families and adults who are experiencing grief, loss or life-threatening illness.
- Loaves & Fishes Community Center (loaves-fishes.org) provides healthy food and impactful programs to promote self-sufficiency.
- Old Irving Park Community Clinic (oipcc.org) is a free, primary care facility founded on the belief that all people, regardless of socio-economic status, have the right to quality health care.
- Well Child Center (wellchildcenter.org) is dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through education, counseling and services in the areas of childhood nutrition and pediatric dental health.
The Gordon Flesch Company (GFC) has long engaged in charitable giving and philanthropy whenever possible. But following the September 11, 2001 attacks, Gordon Flesch’s personal spirit of generosity became something more formal and enduring. The company decided to forego its annual employee recognition dinners and use those funds to help the families of first responders from the New York City police and fire departments. This effort, led by Gordon’s sons, marked the beginning of what would become the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation.
Unlike most corporate giving programs, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is managed entirely by company associates. Each year associates nominate organizations close to their hearts and close to their communities. The foundation’s board of directors reviews nominations and selects award recipients.
“It is an honor to assist these local non-profit organizations in making an even larger impact,” says Cheryl Halverson, President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “We are humbled to support this year’s grant recipients and look forward to continuing our work in these great communities.”
About Gordon Flesch Company
The Gordon Flesch Company is one of the largest independent providers of office technology solutions in the nation. Family-owned since 1956, the Gordon Flesch Company employs more than 650 people throughout 32 offices in the Midwest, with their corporate office in Madison, Wisconsin. They deliver unique business process expertise to solve challenging problems and achieve organizational goals. This includes integrating industry-leading software and hardware to build custom solutions that are supported by technical expertise, customer service and flexible, in-house financial services. Follow us on Twitter at @GordonFlesch.