Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation Donates $22,500 to Milwaukee Area Charities in 2023
by Gordon Flesch Company, on 11/15/2023
MILWAUKEE, WI -- The Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is proud to announce that it has awarded over $148,000 to 36 Midwestern charities providing key community services. These donations included $22,500 to Milwaukee area charities providing key community services.
Created in 2002, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation has donated more than $2.4 million to various philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio and South Dakota. Each year, the foundation donates to the communities within GFC’s territories, staying true to founder Gordon Flesch’s mission to support the communities where GFC’s employees and customers live and work.
The foundation also engages in targeted giving for emergency disaster relief. This year, funds were sent to assist the Hilliard (Ohio) Food Pantry to rebuild after a fire destroyed their warehouse.
Organizations in the Milwaukee area receiving grants in 2023 are:
- Blessings in a Backpack – Waukesha County Chapter (blessingsinabackpack.org) provides weekend food to elementary school children living in Waukesha County.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee (bgcmilwaukee.org) helps local kids and teens thrive with safe places to learn and play, positive role models and educational programming.
- Girls on the Run Southeastern Wisconsin (girlsontherunsoutheasternwi.org) has fun, evidenced-based programs that inspire all girls to build their confidence, kindness and decision making skills.
- Hometown Heroes, Inc. – Camp Reunite (campreunite.org) provides hope, healing and resiliency by strengthening the bond between children and their incarcerated parent.
- Inner-City Computer Stars Foundation (icstars.org) develops leaders through a robust training program for underserved young adults.
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission (milmission.org) provides food, shelter, life-changing care and more for area homeless neighbors.
The Gordon Flesch Company (GFC) has a long history in charitable giving and philanthropy. However, in 2001, after the September 11th attacks, Gordon Flesch’s personal spirit of generosity inspired the company to donate funds in lieu of the annual employee recognition dinners. The donation went to help the families of first responders in the New York City police and fire departments. This effort, led by Gordon’s sons, marked the beginning of what would become the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation.
Unlike most corporate giving programs, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is managed entirely by company associates. Each year associates nominate local community organizations close to their hearts. The foundation’s board of directors annually reviews nominations and selects award recipients.
“It is a privilege to help these local non-profit organizations in expanding their reach and impact,” says Cheryl Halverson, President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “We are humbled to be a part of the work that this year’s grant recipients are doing to build stronger communities.”
About Gordon Flesch Company
The Gordon Flesch Company is one of the largest independent providers of office technology solutions in the nation. Family-owned since 1956, the Gordon Flesch Company employs more than 650 people throughout 31 offices in the Midwest, with their corporate office in Madison, Wisconsin. They deliver unique business process expertise to solve challenging problems and achieve organizational goals. This includes integrating industry-leading software and hardware to build custom solutions that are supported by technical expertise, customer service and flexible, in-house financial services. Follow us on Twitter/X at @GordonFlesch.