Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation Donates $22,500 to Madison Charities
by Gordon Flesch Company, on 11/11/2022
MADISON, WI – The Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is proud to announce that it has awarded over $155,000 to 38 Midwestern charities. These donations included $22,500 to five Madison-area organizations providing key community services.
Since its inception in 2002, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation has donated more than $2.2 million to various philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio and South Dakota. Each year, the foundation donates to the communities within GFC’s territories, staying true to founder Gordon Flesch’s mission to support the communities where GFC’s employees and customers live and work.
The foundation also engages in targeted giving for emergency disaster relief. This included donations to help the Southeastern U.S. recover from the devastation of Hurricane Ian.
Organizations in Madison and Dane County receiving grants in 2022:
- Badger Childhood Cancer Network (badgerchildhoodcancer.org) provides families of children with cancer or a life-threating blood disorder, direct emergency assistance to help with transportation and basic living expenses.
- Blackhawk Technical College Foundation (blackhawk.edu/about/foundation) supports student assistance through grants and scholarships, as well as through investment in facilities and resources that enable student success.
- Free Bikes 4 Kidz (fb4kmadison.org) helps all kids ride into a happier, healthier childhood by providing bikes to those most in need.
- Occupaws Guide Dog Association (occupaws.org) places fully trained guide dogs with visually impaired individuals at no charge, through an in-home training program.
- Rock House Kids (rockhousekids.org) strives to feed Rockford’s inner-city children physically, spiritually and emotionally.
The Gordon Flesch Company (GFC) has long engaged in charitable giving and philanthropy whenever possible. But following the September 11, 2001 attacks, Gordon Flesch’s personal spirit of generosity became something more formal and enduring. The company decided to forego its annual employee recognition dinners and use those funds to help the families of first responders from the New York City police and fire departments. This effort, led by Gordon’s sons, marked the beginning of what would become the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation.
Unlike most corporate giving programs, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is managed entirely by company associates. Each year associates nominate organizations close to their hearts and close to their communities. The foundation’s board of directors reviews nominations and selects award recipients.
“It is an honor to assist these local non-profit organizations in making an even larger impact,” says Cheryl Halverson, President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “We are humbled to support this year’s grant recipients and look forward to continuing our work in these great communities.”
If you’re interested in learning more about the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation, or to apply for the next round of grants, visit our website or download our brochure.
About Gordon Flesch Company
The Gordon Flesch Company is one of the largest independent providers of office technology solutions in the nation. Family-owned since 1956, the Gordon Flesch Company employs more than 650 people throughout 32 offices in the Midwest, with their corporate office in Madison, Wisconsin. They deliver unique business process expertise to solve challenging problems and achieve organizational goals. This includes integrating industry-leading software and hardware to build custom solutions that are supported by technical expertise, customer service and flexible, in-house financial services. Follow us on Twitter at @GordonFlesch.