Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation Donates $21,500 to Appleton-Area Charities
by Gordon Flesch Company, on 11/18/2022
APPLETON, WI – The Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is proud to announce that it has awarded over $155,000 to 38 Midwestern charities. These donations included $21,500 to five Appleton-area organizations providing key community services.
Since its inception in 2002, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation has donated more than $2.2 million to various philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio and South Dakota. Each year, the foundation donates to the communities within GFC’s territories, staying true to founder Gordon Flesch’s mission to support the communities where GFC’s employees and customers live and work.
The foundation also engages in targeted giving for emergency disaster relief. This included donations to help the Southeastern U.S. recover from the devastation of Hurricane Ian.
Organizations in Appleton and the greater Fox Valley area receiving grants in 2022 include:
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services (christineann.net) operates an emergency shelter in Oshkosh as well as providing comprehensive domestic violence programs and services to communities in Winnebago and Green Lake Counties.
- Covey (covey.org) offers a variety of care and community-based programs for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities through creative and interactive skill building programs, education and volunteering.
- Exceptional Equestrians (exceptionalequestrians.org) promotes physical and mental health through equine therapy.
- Grow It Forward, Inc. (grow-it-forward.org) provides people in need with dignified access to good food, along with opportunities to grow, cook, share and advocate for it.
- Riverview Gardens (riverviewgardens.org) builds dignity through job training and employment by addressing the root causes of unemployment, poverty and homelessness.
The Gordon Flesch Company (GFC) has long engaged in charitable giving and philanthropy whenever possible. But following the September 11, 2001 attacks, Gordon Flesch’s personal spirit of generosity became something more formal and enduring. The company decided to forego its annual employee recognition dinners and use those funds to help the families of first responders from the New York City police and fire departments. This effort, led by Gordon’s sons, marked the beginning of what would become the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation.
Unlike most corporate giving programs, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is managed entirely by company associates. Each year associates nominate organizations close to their hearts and close to their communities. The foundation’s board of directors reviews nominations and selects award recipients.
“It is an honor to assist these local non-profit organizations in making an even larger impact,” says Cheryl Halverson, President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “We are humbled to support this year’s grant recipients and look forward to continuing our work in these great communities.”
About Gordon Flesch Company
The Gordon Flesch Company is one of the largest independent providers of office technology solutions in the nation. Family-owned since 1956, the Gordon Flesch Company employs more than 650 people throughout 32 offices in the Midwest, with their corporate office in Madison, Wisconsin. They deliver unique business process expertise to solve challenging problems and achieve organizational goals. This includes integrating industry-leading software and hardware to build custom solutions that are supported by technical expertise, customer service and flexible, in-house financial services. Follow us on Twitter at @GordonFlesch.