Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation Donates $25,000 to Chicago-Area Charities
by Gordon Flesch Company, on 11/13/2017
CHICAGO, IL, November 13, 2017 – This year, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation celebrates its 15-year anniversary by awarding $135,000 and 28 grants to charities throughout the Midwest.
Donations totaling $25,000 from the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation are helping five Chicagoland organizations continue providing support and non-profit work for their communities this year. Organizations receiving 2017 grants include:
- Equestrian Connection- Equestrian Connection works to improve the physical, mental and emotional well-being of those with special needs by providing equine assisted and therapeutic programming.
- Naperville Responds for Veterans- Naperville Responds for Veterans assists veterans and their families in need, especially those with low and moderate income, by raising donations of money, building materials and professional labor; and coordinating the process of repairing, building and donating homes.
- UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago- UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago provides life skills training, assistive technology, meaningful employment and a place to call home for people with disabilities, as well as specialized foster care for children.
- Cancer Kiss My Cooley- CKMC creates special moments and lasting memories for families living with pediatric brain tumors through their Kiss of HOPE® program.
- Ecker Center for Mental Health- The Ecker Center for Mental Health provides an array of outpatient mental health services. Crisis, psychiatry and counseling services are available to adults, children and adolescents.
Since its inception in 2002, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation has donated nearly $1.7 million to various philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Each year, the foundation donates to the communities within GFC’s territories, staying true to founder Gordon Flesch’s mission to support the communities where GFC’s employees and customers live and work.
Unlike most corporate giving programs, the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation is managed entirely by company associates. Each year associates nominate organizations close to their hearts and close to their communities. The foundation’s board of directors reviews nominations and selects award recipients.
“After 15 years since the GF Charitable Foundation’s establishment, we are excited to continue supporting the great organizations and non-profits that make our communities so wonderful,” said Barb Anderson, President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “These charities are chosen by our own employees, so they are very near and dear to us, and we look forward to see how each organization will use their grant to continue their great work.”
“We are very grateful to each grant recipient and the wonderful services they offer our communities - from family support services to community centers,” said Jill James, Vice President of the Gordon Flesch Charitable Foundation. “We are consistently humbled and impressed by the tremendous work we see each organization continue to do each year.”
About the Gordon Flesch Company
The Gordon Flesch Company is one of the largest independent providers of office technology solutions in the nation. Family-owned since 1956, the Gordon Flesch Company employs more than 600 people throughout 23 offices in the Midwest, with their corporate office in Madison, Wisconsin. They deliver unique business process expertise to solve challenging problems and achieve organizational goals. This includes integrating industry-leading software and hardware to build custom solutions that are supported by technical expertise, customer service and flexible, in-house financial services.